OutlineEdit offers various statistical information about documents you can display. To add or remove stats, move the mouse pointer over the statistics area and then click the appearing '...' button. Or, choose Statistics ▸ Select Statistics from the main menu. Either way, the following menu will appear.
In OutlineEdit’s preferences (shortcut cmd + , or OutlineEdit ▸ Preferences) you can decide which statistics should be displayed by default when creating new documents.
Six different statistics are available:
- Items: The number of items in an outline.
- Levels: The number of different levels in an outline.
- Words: The number of words in an outline, excluding the title.
- Characters: The number of characters in an outline, excluding the title and white space.
- Document time: The time a document has been opened, down to the minute. You can always disable and resume time tracking. Reset the minutes counted by choosing Statistics ▸ Reset Time Tracking from the main menu.
- Checked items: The number of checked/unchecked items in an outline.